It doesn’t really matter what is being served: eggs and toast, waffles or pancakes, bacon or bagel, breakfast is by far my favorite meal of the day. Breakfast is a meal that is shared by the whole family, we all sit down around the table and while we may not all be eating the same thing, we’re all together. I’m a firm believer that a good breakfast sets the tone for your day. A breakfast that is high in fat (for brain function) and protein (for sustained energy), will keep you going and help you avoid getting “hangry” later on.
It Starts with Breakfast
A nutritious breakfast is something that makes you feel good, but with Stonyfield it’s something you can feel good about too. Stonyfield has just become a certified B Corporation, joining a host of other companies in their commitment to social and environmental performance, accountability, and transparency. Becoming a B Corporation fits well with Stonyfield’s original mission towards healthy people, healthy food, healthy planet and healthy business.
B Corp Breakfast of Champions
To help celebrate I’ve put together the ultimate “B Corp Breakfast,” which includes Stonyfield’s new 100% Grassfed GREEK Whole Milk Yogurt paired with my Banana-Carrot Protein Muffins, which are made with flour from King Arthur and eggs from Pete and Gerry’s Organic Eggs, both Certified B Corporations.
Click To Tweet
Pair it all with a cup of Pukka tea and you’ve got a breakfast that will not only make you feel good, but that you can feel good about!
Click To Tweet
|Prep Time||20 minutes|
|Cook Time||20 minutes|
- 1 1/2 cups King Arthur Sprouted Wheat Flower
- 2 scoops Cabot Whey Protein
- 1/2 cup Bob's Red Mill Steel Cut Oats
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 Pete and Gerry's Organic Eggs
- 1/2 cup grated carrot
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In large mixing bowl add flour, protein powder, oats, sugar, powered, salt and cinnamon. Stir gently with fork until dry ingredients are thoroughly combined.
- In a separate bowl mash banana and add grated carrot. Stir in eggs, coconut oil and vanilla until coconut oil is thoroughly mixed in and no lumps remain.
- Add wet ingredients to dry and mix thoroughly until combined.
- Line muffin tins and scoop batter into tins. Place in oven and bake 15-20 minutes or until knife inserted in middle of muffin comes out clean.
Leave a Reply